subscribe via RSS

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

episode 19 morals, ethics, and responsibilities


Monday I over did it. I should have not done as much as I did
1 to much walking

I still need to take my life one day at a time.

I don't like to come in late!
Work ethics
Work responsibility
Work morals

My parents are people that always stuck up for me, when I was going to school. They always kept this in mind when I was going to school and at parent teacher time came around. My parents would always say we would like to have a independent person. We need to do what we can do to make Mary (me as a person that can do everything that other people can do)


question
What would you do if you would like to go to the fair but you don't have the energy to walk the fair?



What is on your I pod? Here is what is on mine

News things



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I just wanted to say that I really appreciated what you said in this podcast about being independent despite your disability. I used to work in a group home, helping 3 ladies with disabilities live a normal life, and one lady in particular was so smart and so very capable of doing things for herself, but all of her life her mother babied her and never thought she could amount to anything. So even at 50 years old, she needed help taking a shower. We tried to help her be more independent by teaching her small things like how to cook oatmeal for herself in the morning, but we fully believed that if her parents were like your parents are, she probably could have lived on her own and done almost everything for herself. So thank you for putting this out there. It's wonderful to hear how much you are able to learn and grow despite a disability. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody
    I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you. I'm very sorry to hear that you had an older person that could not do things for her self. I think that my parents really wanted me to do everything I could for myself. Yes it would be nice to get some help some days. Yet, my loveing b-friend tries to help as much as he can but to be able to work with a person that have worked with disabled people would be so good some days.

    ReplyDelete